Ashley Sign Company
- Existence: 1910 - 1970
The Ashley Sign Co. was established in 1910 by Art Ashley. The company was located at 708 Front Street in Boise’s North End between Peasley Transfer & Storage Co. and the Hop Sing, the historic headquarters for a Chinese fraternal order. The company survived war-time resource shortages, the mid-century transition from hand-painted to electric and neon signage and were only forced to relocate as urban redevelopment demolished that section of town. After Art’s death, his son, Art Jr., took over the business and ran it until it closed. Art Sr.’s brother Paul Ashley owned and operated another Boise sign company, AAA Sign.